Finding a new home
As an organization, First Light Mission has had its fair share of moving around, operating out of various churches for over 24 years.
In November 2017 we were fortunate enough to move into a fixed site at St. Mark’s United Methodist Church in Goshen, where we were able to give our guests a more consistent place to call home over a period of five years.
In 2022, we are absolutely thrilled to be relocating into a more residential area. In partnership with Goshen Community Schools, we will be moving into a new permanent home.
Benefits of a fixed site
- Allows us to be in one place 24/7. Families no longer have to move each morning to go to The Day Center.
- Being in a residential area
- Increased safety and security
- Allows for paid overnight staff to be provided by Faith Mission of Elkhart
- Greatly reduces displacement and disruption in our guests’ lives
- Increases services to include homeless single female guests
- Increases flexibility to allow the possibility of new churches and volunteers to participate
If you, your company, or your organization is interested in helping with our initiatives, there are many ways to get involved! For more information on volunteering, donating, sponsoring and more, please contact us!
Your donation provides essential services and care to men, women, and children facing homelessness in our community.